Monday, March 29, 2010

You Need Wirework 2010 -- Get A Lotta' Loopy!

I know you've been meaning to; but actually purchasing Wirework 2010 has alluded you still! Get your own fabulous copy before the last ones are pulled from the retail shelves! Run, do not walk, to your nearest newsstand, book store, or online source for the best example of DIY wire work by leading wire jewelry designers ever!



 When she was planning this issue, editor Linda Augsburg needed a project that featured plain loops. Due to the strength of steel wire, and the fact that plain loops are certainly ample for just about any project created with this wondrous product, I created this little ditty, called Winterfrost Pod (Statement in steel), to round out the offerings:

 


I created 20 plain loops in the necklace alone; 72 more in the Create Your Style with Swarovski Crystallized Components crystal charms (sporting two plain loops each); and 100 more in the earrings! A grand plain loop total of 192!

I have to say I was a lotta' loopy from bending all these loops!

'Course if you like steel wire and you love crystals as much as I do, this project is offered at The Bead&Button Show on Wednesday, June 9


Join me!