Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Reputation Precedes Me!

The daaaaahhhh-ling Marlene Vail of Kalmbach Publishing fame has put her (poison) pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard). I have to say that NONE of what she says about me as a Bead&Button Show teacher is correct (unless, of course, you know me . . . or know someone who knows me . . . or you've heard about me . . . !) KIDDING!!

A recent e-newsletter regarding the wonderful, fabulous Bead&Button Show (largest retail bead show in the world!) featured (among other things) three faculty members and I was one who got to share the "beady spotlight" this time! Here's what Marlene says (lies are in bold!!!):

Meet Brenda Schweder
Brenda Schweder is a frequent contributor to BeadStyle magazine and the author of the book "Junk to Jewelry: A step-by-step guide to using found objects in jewelry you can actually wear." She's been published in all of Kalmbach Publishing's jewelry titles, as well as a number of Kalmbach's pamphlets and books. Brenda sells her finished jewelry on her Web site, brendaschweder.com. She has a dynamic personality which enlivens the classroom environment. Classes with Brenda are never dull! You won't want to miss a minute with this eclectic teacher.

No worries though! I have duly reprimanded her with a subsequent dynamic and enlivening (have I made up my own new word again?) email of my own.

The pressure's on for me to WOW my poor workshop participants this June -- yikes! I just can't shake this rap!

Got to www.BeadandButtonShow.com to see the classes I'm offering!