Friday, October 24, 2008

Steel Magnolia Anyone?

Will you be visiting Tucson this coming February for the "Big Bead Shoe" (my knickname for The Tucson Gem and Jewelry Show)? Would you like to try your hand -- your hammer-holding hand? -- at combining steel wire and glimmering Swarovski Crystallized Components in a beautiful petal necklace?

Join me and a team of Swarovski's talented guest teachers at the crystal magnate's new downtown Tucson venue to take part in my Steel Magnolia Necklace workshop. (I'll take a break from soaking up the Arizona sun just long enough to play together -- it's mid-winter Vitamin B(ead) and D therapy!) (Thanks Helen for the use of Vitamin B(ead).)

Check out this link for a detailed description of my class (pps. 6 and 19) and my peers' beautiful crystal jewelry versions. YUMM-E! (Sorry Rachel Rae!)

http://www.create-your-style.com/website.php%20id=/events_fairs/events/Tucson_Show_2009.htm

And if you need an extended crystal fix, be sure to take my friend, Deb Simon's, class working filigee and flat back crystals (pssst! her book Crystal Chic will be out in December!).

BTW, if you do end up coming out, give me a head's up -- we'll do lunch! (Have your girl call my girl ... my Steel Magnolia girl!)